Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I have decided to write a book.

It will be based on my Ex-Mormon blogging here at Notamormon. I think that I will called it Not a Mormon, anymore.

Those of you who have followed my blog since the early days (it seems like years, but it is only several months, honestly!) know what kind of material it will cover. To others? Well, it may come as a surprise.

Will I use my real name on the book? (That is always provided I can find someone willing to publish it!) I have thought long and hard about this. I was very tempted to use my real name.

But what if I don’t? What if I just sign myself as Matt? Now, if I do that, then nobody will know who I am. I could be that person who a TBM has not seen in church for a while. Maybe it is their cousin Billy? Or perhaps I am that British missionary they met whilst they were on their mission in Australia?

You see, if I were to say: “I am so-and-so”, every TBM could be tempted to think: “His story would never have happened in MY ward!” When, in fact, every ex-Mormon knows that our kind of story happens in every ward and branch all over the world.

In closing this blog post anyone got the contact details of a publisher who would be willing to look at publishing an exmo book? Just email me the details, please! Ta!

3 comments:

Threads of the Divine said...

Maybe you and JLO should work on a book together. It seems to be the thing to do. I'm sure Letters From Abroad or Sierra Sage knows some publishers.

MOM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad I found your blog. I'll be back often.

A book is a good idea. The whole not using your name is good too.