Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I think soon it wil be time for some exmo poetry

Yes, I will be posting some exmo poetry, soon.

Perhaps rhyming, perhaps blank verse, perhaps Haiku, might even be some magnetic poetry or some special experimental stuff.

Here is a mangled version of a recent post, altered by several passes through Google Translate and turned into an experimental poem:-

Weekend was my birthday

He was 54 years old.

During the
six years time, God willing, I'm still here, I'm the seventh decade.

My boss is almost 70 hours, and congratulated me, dressing is a good thing,

when he asked me how old I was.

Surprisingly, however, I think less than they were founded 30 years ago.

I'm
certainly a better time.

Do not forget
that I was faithful Mormon, then!

And this is a big difference.


Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps it might even have artistic merit? Please let me know what you think!

You can try this yourself, translate it via as many languages as you can, then back into your own language and look at the result.

2 comments:

Diane Tingen said...

I would love to read your exmo poetry. I've been writing poetry for many years, and I've written some exmo-type ones as well. All my poetry (and a book I have written) is contained on my blog, http://mormonismschism.blogspot.com. It has been very therapeutic for me to write all the poetry and the book, and to post on my blog as well... and I love reading other people's stuff, too. I'll be looking for your poetry, and continuing to follow your blog.

Matt said...

Thank you, Diane.

I haven't written poetry in years. Too busy being a journalist, I think. But the muse is calling me! ;o))